Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mango Walnut Muffins


I've been on a muffin kick. I think it's because I hate to waste food and I've found that I can pretty much make a muffin out of anything. Sweet or savory, it's alllll goooood.

I had some dried mango slices in my cabinet and a few containers of Greek yogurt that needed to be used. And, well, there you go.

Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 oz dried mango
1/4 cup hot water
10 oz plain Greek yogurt with honey
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Here's what you do:
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Put the mango in a bowl and add the hot water (enough to cover the mangoes). Once the mangoes are re-hydrated (about 5 minutes), chop into little pieces. Reserve the water.

Combine the yogurt, eggs, sugar, mango water and vanilla in a bowl. Add dry ingredients and then walnuts. Pour into muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for about 12-14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment