Sunday, March 25, 2012

Breakfast Banana Bread


I love banana bread and I’m always playing around with ways to make it healthier and more filling. This one is my latest attempt and I really like it. It’s more of a filling breakfast type of banana bread, but it’s still really delicious and, truth be told, I’d snack on it anytime of day.

Ingredients:

2 cups whole wheat flour
½ cup Wheatina or other toasted wheat product
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup sugar
2 eggs
½ cup skim milk or soy milk
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
3 ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Here's what you do:
Combine the first 4 ingredients in bowl and set aside. In separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients, except the walnuts. Add the dry mixture to the banana mixture until well blended. Add walnuts. Pour into bunt/cake pan or loaf pan and bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment