Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Favorite Tuna Sandwich


For a long time, I only liked other peoples’ tuna. First it was my grandmother’s, who put sweet relish in hers, then it was the Lender’s Bagels restaurant’s creamy version. Various others followed and I still couldn’t make a batch that I liked. I eventually concluded that it was because I wouldn’t add as much mayonnaise as the rest, and so I sought to make a “new” type of tuna sandwich – at least new to me. Here’s what I came up with:

Ingredients
2 cans solid white albacore tuna
½ apple (pick a crisp kind, like granny smith)
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1/8 cup dried cranberries
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
¼ teaspoon dill
salt and pepper to taste

Here's what you do:
Combine tuna, apple, celery and egg together. Add mayonnaise and dill, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add red wine vinegar and mix well. Add cranberries. Serve on toasted whole grain bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment